AIR DRYERS & AIR/GAS FILTERS
The alternative to treat compressed air to have clean and dry air for analytical instruments
Particles, water and oil that may be present in the compressed air cause rapid wear and tear on the equipment and affect the performance and life of the analytical equipment. The provision of clean, dry, contaminant-free compressed air is therefore important in a laboratory.
Compressed Air Quality
The compressed air is formed by compressing the ambient air. During this process, substances are taken with the ambient air and during the compression and delivery of the air, other substances are added.
International ISO Standards ISO 8573.1 for compressed air is classified in 3 main component of the air: solid, water and oil.
Maximum particle size
Maximum concentration size
Maximum pressure Dewpoint
Maximum concentration size
• At the outlet of the compressor the air is saturated with water vapors which can reach 116°C. The air cools with the room temperature in the distribution lines and water condenses throughout the air distribution system. About 2/3 of the total water content of the air will be condensed when the air has cooled to 38°C. A condensate drain on the Air buffer will remove most of the water load from the system, additional filter located after the vessel will protect instrument after the tank. By adding a fridge dryer and filters located at end-use points which will be required to remove water condensed downstream from the main line filter, you will reach an air class 2.4.2 with a lubrificated compressor and 1.4.1 class with a non lubrificated compressor, which will be enough for certain application.
• The source of oil in compressed air is the compressor lubricant. To remove oil vapor from the air you can add an adsorption dryer after the fridge dryer with filtration adapted: just like water vapor, oil vapor will condense to liquid when the temperature reduced or the air pressure is increased at constant temperature. You can add also active carbon filter for residual oil vapor.
• To protect refrigerated dryer, you will need to use a coalescing pre filter to prevent oil and condensed water from entering the dryer. Oil entering dryer coats the cooling coil and reduces its efficiency, condensed water increases the cooling load and reduce dryer capacity.
• Desiccant dryer are very sensitive to water and oil droplets: water can saturate the desiccant and reduce its drying efficiency or even destroy it. Oil can coat the desiccant, rending it ineffective, that’s why it is always installed after adapted filtration and fridge dryer.
• Membrane dryers are sensitive to water and oil droplets. Oil can permanently damage the hollow fiber core. That’s why it’s always important to change filters, once per year. The filter cartridge can continue to coalesce indefinitely, but solids loading in the depth of the cartridge will cause a pressure drop. The element should be changed when the pressure drop reach 10 psi.
The F-DGSi range Air Dryers
Absorption Air Dryers
The absorption air dryer uses the pressure swing adsorption principle of drying compressed air, utilising two identical columns each containing a desiccant bed of alumina providing a clean and dry air (-40°C PDP). This absorption dryer is the perfect product to be used for GC-FID, GC-ATD, NMR, Rheometer and Atomic absorption.
If you’re looking for a absorption air dryer, look below!
CO2 Free Air Dryers
The absorption CO2-free air dryer uses the pressure swing adsorption principle of drying compressed air providing a continuous supply of clean, dry (-70°C PDP) and CO2-free (< 1ppm) air. This CO2 free air dryer is the perfect product to be used for FT-IR, Purge microscope, TOC and laser.
If you’re looking for a CO2 free air dryer, look below!
Membrane Air Dryers
The Membrane air dryer uses a bundle of hollow fibres to attract water vapour and after desorbed and removed from the membrane providing a continuous supply of clean and dry (-20°C PDP ) air. This Membrane air dryer is the perfect product to be used before a zero air generator or any lab application requiring this water dewpoint.
If you’re looking for a membrane air dryer, look below!
The F-DGSi range Air/Gas Filters
The filters are designed for purification of air and gas into different application areas. The selection of appropriate grades of filter elements with S, M, V, B, P, A warrants the use of good filtration product adapted to the real need of the customer.
The three-stage filters DF-T (DF-Three) are used for the purification of compressed air or gases in laboratory application when small place for installation is available. The filter element combines 3 purification stages in one filter (combination of sub micro filter, activated carbon adsorber and high performance particle filter).
Need more information about this product?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form.